Friday 16 August 2013

It Came From The Deep!!!!

Last summer whilst on holiday I took a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, little did I know that this visit would be my inspiration for my final year project at the Glasgow School of Art. In our final year we are allowed to get our inspiration from any source (usually we are set a source such as geometric shapes in architecture or florals etc) but we were given free range of what we want to do. Up until this point I was looking at grand interiors, with visits to Inveraray Castle in Scotland and the Palace of Versailles in France, I had also planed a visit to Hearst Castle in California to further this research, but my visit to Monterey Aquarium changed everything.

Oh the sights I saw......................................................

Luminous Sea Anemones
Luminous coral
Luminous Jellyfish
JellyFish
Giant Sea Anemone
Jellyfish Tentacles
Purple Jellyfish
A lonely shell 
Mix of Sea Anemones 
Moon Jellyfish
A sea of jellyfish

I was so inspired by the shapes the textures and the colours, this caused me to scrap my original theme of grand interiors, and I think you can all see why.
There are more photos to come I didn't want to fill one post :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment